The company is rapidly expanding with enhanced growth opportunities available.
PLX, Inc is a state-of-the-art optical technology company based in New York, providing vital solutions to fit the demands of a new generation of optical requirements by specializing in the development and manufacture of high-accuracy complex optical structures that withstand non-optimal conditions. With a 65-year heritage at the forefront of innovation, PLX continues to transform optics by integrating innovative optical systems into the assemblies of critical defense, space, and aerospace platforms. PLX is the leader in the development and fabrication of monolithic and invariant optics and the pioneer of hollow retroreflectors, such as the Lateral Transfer Hollow Retroflectors and Periscopes (LTHR/LTHP). One of the core technologies is the patented system integration of optical structure technologies, the Monolithic Optical Structure Technology (M.O.S.T.™), which has thermally & environmentally stable sub-arcsecond performance in a compact form factor.
We are looking for an Optical Engineer who is highly motivated and responsible for the design of optical and optomechanical assemblies. The individual will report to the CTO.
• Conduct cutting-edge product development leading to the generation of new IP
• Design and develop optical and optomechanical assemblies and sub-systems.
• Design and build prototypes, and create detailed drawings and instructions for production.
• Responsible for technical documentation (Models, CAD drawings, Simulations, BOMs, etc.) relevant to the optical design.
• Work closely with management on products and customer requirements.
• Prepare product technical requirements and specifications.
• Interact with other engineering groups, as well as cross-functional teams such as Manufacturing, Quality Control, and Supply Chain.
• Work on projects independently and with a multi-disciplined team of scientists, engineers, and technicians.
• Provide technical support to manufacturing, sales, and marketing.
• Optical Engineer or optomechanical (either BS in Mechanical Engineering AND MS in an Optical field, OR BS in Mechanical Engineering and 5+ years of experience working inside an optical company).
• 5 Years of industry experience beyond the University
• Hands-on experience and understanding of optics and optomechanical best practices
• Ability to work with international teams
• Ability to communicate across many business units in the company and client companies
• Resourcefulness to work through a wide variety of obstacles to achieve goals
The role will provide a solid compensation offering that will match the success and skills of the candidate. The basic framework will include a competitive base salary and a variable. The Company also offers very comprehensive benefits, including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
You must be authorized to work in the US to be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Bachelor's (Required)
• Opto-mechanical design: 5 years (Preferred)
• Optical: 5 years (Required)
• Work Location: One location